- Dota is a competitive game of action and strategy, played both professionally and casually by many passionate fans worldwideThe most-played game on Steam.
- Every day, many players worldwide enter battle together of over 100 Dota heroes. And regardless of if it’s their 10th hour of play or 1,000th, there’s always something new to discover. With regular updates that ensure a continuing evolution of gameplay, features, and heroes, Dota 2 has truly taken on a lifetime of its own.
How to play?
- Dota 2 is played in matches between two teams of 5 players, with each team occupying and defending their own separate base on the map. Each of the ten players independently controls a strong character, referred to as a “hero”, who all have unique abilities and differing sorts of play.
- During a match, players collect experience points and items for their heroes to successfully defeat the opposing team’s heroes in player versus player combat. A team wins by being the first to destroy the other team’s “Ancient”, a large structure located within their base.Cores, which are also called carries, begin each match as weak and vulnerable, but are ready to become more powerful later within the game, thus becoming ready to “carry” their team to victory.
- Supports generally lack abilities that deal heavy damage, instead having ones with more functionality and utility that provide assistance for their cores, such as providing healing and other buffs.
- Players select their hero during a pre-game drafting phase, where they will also discuss potential strategies and hero matchups with their teammates.Heroes are faraway from the drafting pool and become unavailable for all other players once one is chosen , and may not be changed once the drafting phase is over.
- All heroes have a basic attack additionally to powerful abilities, which are the first method of fighting. Each hero has a minimum of four of them, all of which are unique. Heroes begin each game with an experience level of 1 , only having access to at least one of their abilities, but are ready to level up and become more powerful during the course of the sport , up to a maximum level of 30.
- Whenever a hero gains an experience level, the player is in a position to unlock another of their abilities or improve one already learned.The most powerful ability for every hero is known as their “ultimate”, which needs them to possess an experience level of six so as to use.
Dota 2 received “universal acclaim” according to review aggregator Metacritic, and has been cited as one of the greatest video games of all time.Dota 2 was first made available to the general public at Gamescom in 2011, coinciding with the inaugural International championship, the game’s premier esport tournament event.
One Battlefield. Infinite Possibilities.
When it involves diversity of heroes, abilities, and powerful items, Dota boasts an endless array,,no two games are an equivalent . Any hero can fill multiple roles, and there is an abundance of things to assist meet the requirements of every game. Dota doesn’t provide limitations on the way to play, it empowers you to precise your own style.
All heroes are free.
Competitive balance is Dota’s assets , and to make sure most are playing on a good field, the core content of the game like the vast pool of heroes is available to all or any players. Fans can collect cosmetics for heroes and fun add-ons for the planet they inhabit, but everything you would like to play is already included before you join your first match.
Ten players each control one among the game’s 119 playable characters, referred to as “heroes”, with each having their own design, strengths, and weaknesses.Heroes are divided into two primary roles, known as the core and support.
Details about few heroes from heropedia
Based on Strength
- Earthshaker was one with the world but now walks freely upon it. Unlike those other entities, he created himself through an act of will, and serves no other master. In restless slumbers, encased during a deep seam of stone, he became conscious of the life drifting freely above him. He grew curious. During a season of tremors, the peaks of Nishai shook themselves loose of avalanches, shifting the course of rivers and turning shallow valleys into bottomless chasms.
- Tiny-Coming to life as a piece of stone, Tiny’s origins are a mystery on which he continually speculates. He is a Stone Giant now, but what did he want to be? A splinter broken from a Golem’s heel? A shard swept from a gargoyle-sculptor’s workshop? A fragment of the Oracular Visage of Garthos? A deep curiosity drives him, and he travels the planet tirelessly seeking his origins, his parentage, his people. As he roams, he gathers weight and size; the forces that weather lesser rocks, instead cause Tiny to grow and ever grow.
- Kunkka-As The Admiral of the mighty Claddish Navy, Kunkka was charged with protecting the isles of his homeland when the demons of the Cataract made a concerted grab at the lands of men. After years of small sorties, and increasingly bold and devastating attacks, the demon fleet flung all its carnivorous ships at the Trembling Isle. Desperate, the Suicide-Mages of Cladd committed their ultimate rite, summoning a number of ancestral spirits to guard the fleet.
Based on Agility
- Anti-mage-The monks of Turstarkuri watched the rugged valleys below their mountain monastery as wave after wave of invaders swept through the lower kingdoms. Ascetic and pragmatic, in their remote monastic eyrie they remained faraway from mundane strife, wrapped in meditation that knew no gods or elements of magic. Then came the Legion of the Dead God, crusaders with a sinister mandate to exchange all local worship with their Unliving Lord’s poisonous nihilosophy. From a landscape that had known nothing but blood and battle for thousand years, they tore the souls and bones of countless fallen legions and pitched them against Turstarkuri
- Drow ranger-Drow Ranger’s first name is Traxex–a name compatible to the short, trollish, rather repulsive Drow people. But Traxex herself is not a Drow. Her parents were travelers during a caravan beset by bandits, whose noisy slaughter of innocents roused the ire of the quiet Drow people. After the battle settled, the Drow discovered a little girl-child hiding within the ruined wagons, and agreed she couldn’t be abandoned. Even as child, Traxex showed herself naturally adept at the humanities they prized: Stealth, silence, subtlety
- Juggernaut-No one has ever seen the face hidden beneath the mask of Yurnero the Juggernaut. It is only speculation that he even has one. For defying a corrupt lord, Yurnero was exiled from the traditional Isle of Masks,a punishment that saved his life. The isle soon after vanished beneath the waves during a night of vengeful magic. He alone remains to hold on to the Isle’s long Juggernaut tradition, one among ritual and swordplay.
Based on Intelligence
- Crystal maiden-Born during a temperate realm, raised together with her fiery older sister Lina, Rylai the Crystal Maiden soon found that her innate elemental affinity to ice created trouble for all those around her . Wellsprings and mountain rivers froze in moments if she stopped to rest nearby; ripening crops were bitten by frost, and fruiting orchards turned to mazes of ice and came crashing down, spoiled. When their exasperated parents packed Lina off to the equator, Rylai found herself banished to the cold northern realm of Icewrack, where she was taken in by an Ice Wizard who had carved himself a hermitage at the crown of the Blueheart Glacier. After long study, the wizard pronounced her ready for solitary practice and left her to require his place, descending into the glacier to hibernate for thousand years. Her mastery of the Frozen Arts has only deepened since that point , and now her skills are unmatched.
- Puck-While Puck seems initially to glance at a mischievous, childish character, this quality masks an alien personality. The juvenile sort of a Faerie Dragon, a creature that lives for eons, Puck spends countless millennia in its childish form. So while it’s technically true that Puck is juvenile, it’ll still be so when the cities of this age have sloughed away into dust. Its motives are therefore inscrutable, and what appears to be play may actually hide a darker purpose. Its endless fondness for mischief is the true indicator of Puck’s true nature.
- Storm spirit-Storm Spirit is literally a force of nature–the wild power of wind and weather, bottled in human form. And a boisterous, jovial, irrepressible form it is! As jolly as a favourite uncle, he injects every scene with crackling energy. But it had been not always thus, and there was tragedy in his creation. Generations ago, within the plains beyond the Wailing Mountains, an honest people lay starving in drought and famine. A simple elementalist, Thunderkeg by name, used a forbidden spell to summon the spirit of the storm, posing for rain.
Dota 2 won IGN’s People’s Choice Award. In December 2012, PC Gamer listed Dota 2 as a nominee for his or her Game of the Year award, also because the best esports game of the year. In 2013, Dota 2 won the esport game of the year award from PC Gamer and onGamers. GameTrailers also awarded the sport the award for Best PC Game of 2013, with IGN also awarding it the simplest PC Strategy & Tactics Game, Best PC Multiplayer Game, and People’s Choice Award.
Count of players
Dota 2 was already the most played game on Steam with a concurrent player count of nearly 330,000, which outweighed the number of players for the rest of the platform’s top ten most-played games combined. It remained as the most played game by concurrent players on the platform for four years, having a peak of over one million and never dropping below first place for any extended period of your time until being surpassed by PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds in 2017. Viewership and followings of professional Dota 2 leagues and tournaments also are popular, with peak viewership numbers of some events reaching upwards within the millions.