Legends of Runeterra
Set within the world of League of Legends, Legends of Runeterra is the strategy card game where skill, creativity, and cleverness determine your success. Choose your champions and mix cards from different regions—each with their own style and strategic advantage—then build the right deck to require down the remainder .
ICONIC LEAGUE CHAMPIONS: Classic champs from League of Legends and fresh characters from the planet of Runeterra come to life in vivid detail.
SKILL ABOVE ALL: It’s all about the choices you make and the risks you take. Every move matters and therefore the outplays are all up to you.
YOUR CARDS, YOUR WAY: Earn cards for free of charge as you play or buy exactly what you want,,you are on top of things of your collection, and you will never buy random packs of cards.
There are three sorts of cards: Champions, Followers, and Spells.
- Champion and Follower are lumped together as “units”, cards which stay in the sector and battle for the players. Champions are generally the foremost powerful cards within the game, and every features a unique criterion that, once met, will level-up the cardboard to a more powerful version. Followers are normal units that have all the essential functions of a unit card, but don’t level-up.
- Spells are single-use cards that cause computer graphics when played, then disappear. Spell cards are available at three different “spell speed”; Slow, Fast and Burst. Slow spells can only be sew an open game state, and cannot be utilized in response to an opponent’s move. Fast Spells can also be used in response to Slow or other Fast spells. Burst Spells on the opposite hand, also can be utilized in response to Slow, Fast and other Burst Spells. Additionally, Burst Spells don’t consume actions, so multiple Burst Spells are often utilized in a row, during one chain.
The following are possible card regions. A card only contains a single region. When creating a deck, cards can only be added from a maximum of two regions.
- Piltover & Zaun
- Shadow Isles
Keywords are special traits that appear on some cards. They usually provide special continuous effects.
- Elusive (This unit cannot be blocked, except by other Elusive units.)
- Fearsome (This unit cannot be blocked by units with 2 or lower Power.)
- Overwhelm (This attacking unit deals excess damage dealt on the blocked unit to the enemy’s Nexus.)
- Challenger (The owner of this attacking unit can pick an opponent’s unit for it to dam .)
- Vulnerable (The opponent of this unit’s owner can pick this unit to dam for an attack.)
- Can’t Attack (This unit can’t attack.)
- Can’t Block (This unit can’t block.)
- Immobile (This unit can neither attack nor block.)
- Tough (This unit takes 1 less damage from all sources.)
- Quick Attack (This unit strikes before its blocker, rather than at an equivalent time.)
- Double Attack (This unit strikes twice; first before its blocker, then at an equivalent time.)
- Regenerate (This unit recovers all of its health at the beginning of a round.)
- Ephemeral (This unit dies after battling or at the top of a round.)
- Deep (This unit has 3 more Power and Health when its owner has 15 or less cards in their deck.)
CRAFT YOUR STRATEGY: Combine, adapt, and experiment with frequent new releases in an always-evolving meta.
EVERY ACTION features a REACTION: Dynamic, alternating gameplay means you’ll always react and counter but so can your opponent.
FACE OFF WITH FRIENDS AND FOES: Battle friends for bragging rights, challenge foes in Ranked play, or start an Expedition and draft a deck as you go.
DISCOVER RUNETERRA: Explore the epic regions of Runeterra to reveal hidden connections between the denizens, dangers, and creatures that live there.
- In Legends of Runeterra, you select from 24 champion cards to incorporate in your deck, each with a singular mechanic inspired by their original League of Legends abilities.
- Champions enter the battle as powerful cards, and if you play smart, they level up to become even more epic.
- Gain new abilities to crush your enemies. Turn the tide of battle with a swift combo. Even break the rules and claim a new way to win.
- Champions are key cards to create your deck around, but to require down the enemy Nexus, you’re getting to need a team. Pick allies that support your champ’s strategy to level up fast and take hold of the board.
- You have plenty of supporting cards to settle on from.
- You will encounter some familiar faces and find out completely new ones.
- Every character and card within the game comes from a neighborhood of Runeterra. At launch, you have got access to cards from six major regions:
- Noxus, Freljord,
- Piltover and
- Zaun, Ionia, and therefore the Shadow Isles.
Each region features a distinct playstyle and strategic advantage, but things get even more interesting once you combine cards from two different regions. There’s a deck for each personality and playstyle but it’s up to you to seek out the proper cards for your winning strategy.
The paths to victory are many. Get creative, because how you build your deck is totally up to you and so is how you get your cards.
Legends of Runeterra is free to play. Victory or defeat, each battle brings experience and progress. Choose which region you explore first and unlock the cards that decision to you, changing regions as often as you wish . As you advance, you’ll collect new allies, spells, and champions more than enough for multiple decks.
Once every week , you will also unlock chests from the Vault. These chests level up the more you play, increasing the rarity of cards inside from common all the high to champion. They can also contain wildcards, which may become any card you want,no guessing required. Experiment with an abundance of latest cards to get your playstyle and craft your strategy. As your collection grows, so do the possibilities.
Embark on Expeditions and draft a deck as you go, overcoming as many opponents as you’ll with an evolving set of cards.
Or truly test your skill by taking your strategy into Ranked, and see where you stand among the simplest players in Runeterra.
How the game developed?
The game came about because many of Riot’s employees were fan of collectible card games and the company saw that developing such a game would fit in with Riot’s philosophy of “building a game for core gamers who really want to go deep into a genre” Riot brought in a group of pro-Magic: The Gathering players in to help test out the game before release, at least one of whom would be retained to help design the final game.
The game is unusual in the genre as it does not make players purchase so-called “blind decks” this was partly to let the developers change the metagame as they saw fit without having to worry about players who heavily invested in one particular deck losing interest if it is no longer as powerful as it once was. Riot’s goal thus was to have each set of cards have at least ten viable decks At one point Riot considered not having packs for players to collect however testers reacted negatively to this.
Where you go from here is up to you. From the champions to the combat, the regions to the reactions, every choice you create may be a chance to be legendary.
Legends of Runeterra was announced by Riot Games, and entered its first preview, on October 15, 2019, coinciding with the tenth anniversary of League of Legends. Eurogamer noted that the timing was unusual given the position of the genre at the time given the failure of the similar Artifact as well as the waning audience for Blizzard’s Hearthstone.
The initial preview lasted until October 20 and was only available to a small pool of players. A second preview giving some players a look at “Expeditions”, lasted from November 14 to 19, 2019. Followed by an open beta on January 24 2020
The full launch of the sport occurred on April 29, 2020, for both PC and smartphones. The release also brought the primary expansion set within the game, Rising Tides.