- Bowmasters is a 2D action game where you participate in exciting long-distance duels. It works like this: first you attack then your opponent attacks, and therefore the person to scale back the opposite person’s life bar right down to zero is the winner.
- To shoot your weapon (it could be a bow, a Molotov cocktail , a Viking axe, or whatever) just tap the screen and swipe backwards. Next you’ll see the power and angle of the blow or the shot. When you pick up your finger, you’ll release the blow and see if you’ve managed to hit your opponent.
- Bowmaster has some 30 different characters that each one accompany their own exclusive weapon. To start you’ve got only one character unlocked, but as you keep it up and win levels you’ll unlock all the others.
- Bowmaster may be a fun and zany 2D action game with hilarious graphics and much of various game modes. Whether you play against the computer or against a friend, the confrontations always end badly.
- Circular Weapons/Rotating Projectiles: These include Arnold’s Tomahawk and Terrance’s Chainsaw in Bowmasters. The projectiles shot from these weapons are heavier and larger than straight projectiles, meaning they fly slower. However, because of their size, they’re great for landing hits (even if your aim isn’t the best). Keep in mind, though, that they actually don’t dish out as much damage as straight projectiles even though they’re larger and heavier.
- Normal Weapons/Straight Projectiles: These include Julius’ Spear, Robin’s Arrow, and Mr. Gorski’s Flag, among many others. These are the quality weapons you’ll play with in Bowmasters, and that they feature slim, straight projectiles. These projectiles are somewhat small in size, and typically fly straight. Because of this, they can be hard to hit targets with. However, once you do land successfully , they deal serious headshot damage. Once you’ve honed your accuracy in Bowmasters, we definitely recommend playing with this particular class of weapons.
- Special Weapons/Special Projectiles: Now, these are very unique weapons in Bowmasters that act as a mix between the aforementioned weapon types. Included in this category are weapons like Kacey Twitch’s Gamepad and Ron Etienne’s Magic Card. Special Weapons blend together straight and rotating projectiles, and often have special abilities that can be activated by tapping your screen again while the projectile is in the air. They’re great to use when you’ve become accustomed to the other weapon types, and are extremely fun to play with as they help change things up.
Effective Aiming, Angle, and Power in Bowmasters
Once you have figured out which weapons you want to focus on in Bowmasters, you’ll need to learn an effective strategy of shooting your projectiles. Bowmasters place great emphasis on accuracy, so you’ll need to take your time in order to ensure you land your shots.
In Bowmasters, the primary shot requires you to try to do a touch of visual guesswork. Here, you will want to take note of the angle and power you use in order to adjust during later shots. We recommend using full power and 12-15% angle.
As you still shoot, keep calculating your angle, power, and aim accordingly. If you find your shots whizzing over an enemy’s head, you may want to reduce your power, lower your angle, or do a bit of both. Are your shots plopping down by an enemy’s feet? Reverse it and try increasing your power, raising your angle, or a bit of both!
Earning Coins in Bowmasters
In Bowmasters, you will earn Coins by winning duels, landing headshots, and gaining a fatality reward. If you find yourself constantly running low on Coins in Bowmasters, you may want to take a moment to play Duck Hunt. While playing Duck Hunt in Bowmasters, try to hit at least fifteen ducks. In doing so, you should earn approximately 300 Coins.
Bowmasters All Characters Gameplay
- Robin: hero in tights
Only the most famous archer in literary history. Or a reasonable facsimile, anyway.
- Mr. Gorskiy: the lucky one
But you should see the other guys …
- Arnold: true survivor (unlock with 3,000 coins)
Kind of like Rambo, but not.
- Julius: greatest athlete (unlock with 5,000 coins)
Weapon: Champion’s Spear
I don’t think that’s what you’re supposed to do with a javelin, but I’m not telling him that.
- Kacey Rich: top streamer girl (unlock with 7,000 coins)
Not just a keyboard warrior after all.
- Ron Etienne: poker champion
Weapon: Magic Card
Gambit, eat your heart out.
- Fei Li: Chinese bowmaster
Weapon: Firework Arrow
Because Hawkeye wasn’t the first person to invent a ‘Splodey Arrow.
- Bad Girl: really bad (unlock with 10,000 coins)
Weapon: F1 Grenade
I mean, she’s telling you up front. Looks a little like a DC Comics character you might know.
- Terrance: great canadian lumberjack (unlock with 10,000 coins)
He’s a lumberjack and he’s okay.
- Raymonde: queen of the sky (unlock with 5,000 coins)
Ironically, I’ve always been scared of propellers, but only when I’m on a puddle jumper.
- Claus: the punisher of naughty players(available in chest roulette)
He sees you when you’re sleeping.
- Thor: god of thunder
I thought this guy was replaced by a lady .
- Ice Lord: Trickster god (available in chest roulette)
Weapon: Frozen Spear
Something tells me this guy might have beef with the previous character on this list.
- Corey Thunderstring: three-string warrior
Weapon: Axe Guitar
Because you were told nobody wants to be Peter Criss.
- Neko: normalest Japanese schoolgirl (available in chest roulette)
Wait, do they really have tails?
- Jeremy: the drunken master ($3.99)
Weapon: Trash can
Not too drunk to fight, though.
- Shark: sad dance king (available in chest roulette)
Weapon: Poseidon’s Trident
Used to have a partner, but that guy had to go off and get famous.
- Anonymous: the one of Legion (unlock with 7,000 coins)
Weapon: Protester’s sign
Also good with a keyboard.
- Varg Blackburn: jobless firefighter (unlock by watching 15 videos)
Weapon: Molotov Cocktail
Perpetuating a negative stereotype.
- Soldier: super killer (available in chest roulette)
Made for this.
- Shovel Demon: and his own slave (available in chest roulette)
Weapon: Shovel Demon
And so on, and so on .
- Maestro: the one who boils (available in chest roulette)
Weapon: Bottle of acid
Not 100 percent who he’s supposed to be, frankly.
- Chang Wu King: the glorious leader (available in chest roulette)
The reason this game isn’t on the North Korean App Store. They changed it — Chang Kim King no longer!
- Leonidas: the King of Sparta (unlock with 7,000 coins)
THIS IS ARCHERY!
- Mime: silent assassin (unlock with 5,000 coins)
Must be a day old baguette, given its deadliness.
- Mike: First division player (available in chest roulette)
Weapon: Burning Ball
Hits you harder than a Leonard Fournette stiff-arm.
- Dr. Sick: mad scientist (unlock with 3,000 coins)
There’s one in every crowd.
- Fernando: Slayer of the enemies (unlock with 5,000 coins)
Weapon: Turtle Shell
Angriest plumber ever.
- Jim: most skilled scout (unlock with 5,000 coins)
Weapon: Burning Marshmallow
Be prepared … for pain!
- D’evourer: he is come in peace (available in chest roulette)
Weapon: Alien probe
In hindsight, his name should have been a tip-off.
- Y: the master of woob-woob-woob (available in chest roulette)
Weapon: Dubstep grenade
Makes you twice as mad when you lose to him.
- Cyberstar: fight for users (unlock for 7,000 coins)
State of the art, about 25 years ago.
- King Octopus: Sleeper of the bottom (unlock with 7,000 coins)
Weapon: Electric jellyfish
Never seen one walk on two legs, but hey.
- Reddish: mentally unstable assassin (3rd day reward)
Also looks like a comic book character. Some guy with a really smart mouth and ugly face.
- Old Man: Captain Old (unlock for 5,000 coins)
Like a furious Gorton’s Fisherman.
- Hipster: was hipster before it was cool (unlock for 5,000 coins)
Weapon: Selfie Phone
He’s wrong, but you knew that already.
- Tanithmetil: gorgeous elf king(available in chest roulette)
Weapon: Magic Arrow
Looks hardly a day past 230.
- Vlad: the noble earl(available in chest roulette)
Weapon: Aspen pike
He’s come to suck blood and take names.
- Mr. Overlord: the incontrovertible dominant(available in chest roulette)
We will let this one speak for itself.
- Betty: effective consumer(unlock for 12,000 coins)
Her aim is as strong as her appetite.
- Penny: “Top 1 selfie” nominee(unlock for 20,000 coins)
Definitely not camera shy.
- Barbara: awesome cat lady(unlock for 12,000 coins)
Weapon: “Mister Fluffy”
Your least favorite neighbor.
About the app
Bowmasters is an archery-based gaming-app that allows players to select from a variety of weapons and partake in activities such as shooting fruit, shooting birds, and dueling with their friends. It is free to download from iTunes and Google Play and requires users to periodically watch advertisements in lieu of paying for a membership, but there is the option of in-app purchases.
- After downloading the app, users are prompted to either continue with the free version or pay to upgrade to the premium account.
- If an ad appears, users simply have to watch it for several seconds and can then click on the “X” to return to their game.
- When using the free account, users are randomly assigned a character from a selection of over 60 avatars, including Robinhood and a shark. Additionally, users can select their preferred weapon, with most being variations of bows and arrows.
- Rather than playing against a random computer-generated opponent, members have the choice of dueling against their friends who are also users of the app.
- Users can control the facility and angle of their weapon, with the general goal being to shoot their target or opponent. Players alternate between shooting their weapons at one another .
- When a player successfully shoots their opponent, a video of the opponent dying and covered in cartoon blood appears.
- In-app purchases range from $0.99 to $99.99 per item and allow users to unlock new characters, purchase more coins, and remove ads.
- The app generally receives positive reviews, but some users have complained about the number of ads that appear in the free version.
Is Bowmasters safe for kids?
Due to the weapons portrayed in Bowmasters, as well as the violent objective of trying to kill your opponent, parents should be cautious when allowing younger children to use the app.
Similar to Army Men Strike, Bowmasters adopts a child-like portrayal of weapons and violence. The avatars contain few similarities to real humans, and the use of blood and death is simplistic and cartoonish.