Brawl Stars is a real-time combat game where two teams of three characters each have to battle it out in a setting full of obstacles and elements to interact with. Your objective: teach the other team a lesson.
Controlling your character is easy, and in fact, you can do so using only one finger, with your device in the vertical position. You just have to touch and slide your finger around the screen to move your character and attack. You can also unleash your special abilities this way, which are essential if you want to have a good chance at victory.
In Brawl Stars, you can find various game modes. In the ‘rewards’ mode your objective is to finish the game with more stars than the other team. In other game modes, you have to fight for a series of crystals found in the middle of the map, or compete directly against other players in an epic ‘deathmatch.’
Brawl stars is another hit from Supercell; it’s perfectly designed for mobile devices, has nice controls, a huge variety of characters and game modes, and absolutely charming graphics.
Development and release of the game
The game design was influenced by popular multiplayer games such as Overwatch and League of Legends. The team wanted to create such a game that was designed with mobile devices in mind first.Although the game contains some elements of the battle royale genre, these were implemented before the genre as a whole took off and the team did not set out to make a game with those elements.
The game is notable for its long soft launch period during which virtually every aspect of the game changed.Supercell officially announced the game via a livestream video on June 14, 2017.It received an iOS soft launch in the Canada the following day.The soft launch would last a total of 522 days, during which internally it was doubted whether or not the game would ever actually see a general release.Initially the game was played in portrait mode and had players tapping on the screen, this was changed eventually to players using analog controls and playing in landscape mode.Other changes include changing the UI, changing the metagame and transitioning the game from 2D to 3D.Frank Keienburg attributes the difficult beta period to the developer working in a new genre where they weren’t sure how to interpret it’s success.The game soft-launched in Finland, Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Ireland, Singapore, Hong Kong, Macau and Malaysia for iOS on January 19, 2018, and on June 26, 2018, Android received early access to the game as a continuation of the soft launch.
Brawl Stars was made globally and officially available on December 12, 2018, and made more than $63 million in its first month.
Fast-paced multiplayer battles from the makers of Clash of Clans, Clash Royale and Boom Beach.
Battle with friends or solo across a variety of game modes in under three minutes. Unlock and upgrade dozens of Brawlers with powerful super abilities. Purchase and collect unique skins to stand out and show off in the arena. Join or start a band to share tactics and fight together.
BATTLE IN MULTIPLE GAME MODES
- Gem Grab (3v3): Team up and out-strategize the opposing team. Collect and hold 10 gems to win, but get fragged and lose your gems.
- Showdown (Solo/Duo): A battle royale style fight for survival. Collect power ups for your Brawler. Grab a friend or play solo – be the last Brawler standing in the rowdiest battle royale yet. Winner takes all!
- Bounty (3v3): Take out opponents to earn stars, but don’t let them pick you off. The squad with the most stars wins the match!
- Heist (3v3): Protect your team’s safety and try to crack open your opponents’. Navigate the map to sneak, blast and blow your way clear to the enemies treasure.
- Brawl Ball (3v3): It’s a whole new Brawl game! Show off your soccer/football skills and score two goals before the other team. There are no red cards here.
- Special Events: Limited time special PvE and PvP game modes.
UNLOCK AND UPGRADE BRAWLERS
Collect and upgrade a variety of Brawlers with punishing SUPER abilities, level them up with power points, and collect unique skins.
BECOME THE STAR PLAYER
Climb the local and regional leaderboards to prove you’re the greatest Brawler of them all!
Look out for new Brawlers, skins, maps, special events and games modes in the future.
- Team up for real-time 3v3 battles against players from across the world
- A fast-paced multiplayer battle royale mode made for mobile
- Unlock and collect new, powerful Brawlers – each with a signature attack and SUPER ability
- New events and game modes daily
- Battle solo or co-op
- Climb to the top of the leaderboards in global and local rankings
- Join or start your own Club with fellow players to share tips and battle together
- Customize Brawlers with unlockable skins
- Player-designed maps offer challenging new terrain to master
The game was nominated for “Mobile Game” and “EE Mobile Game of the Year” at the 15th British Academy Games Awards.
- Developer(s) Supercell
- Publisher(s) Supercell
- Platform(s) iOS, Android
- Release WW: December 12, 2018
- Genre(s) MOBA
- Mode(s) Multiplayer