- Overwatch is an online multiplayer shooter game, similar to Team Fortress 2. The point of the game is to complete an objective, just like any other major RPG Shooter.
- Overwatch is a colorful team-based shooter game starring a diverse cast of powerful heroes. Travel the world, build a team, and contest objectives in exhilarating 6v6 combat.
- Overwatch is a team-based multiplayer first-person shooter developed and published by Blizzard Entertainment and released on May 24, 2016 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Windows.
- Overwatch assigns players into two teams of six, with each player selecting from a roster of 31 characters, known as “heroes”, each with a unique style of play whose roles are divided into three general categories that fit their role.
- Players on a team work together to secure and defend control points on a map or escort a payload across the map in a limited amount of time.
- Players gain cosmetic rewards that do not affect gameplay, such as character skins and victory poses, as they play the game.
- The game was initially launched with casual play, with a competitive ranked mode, various ‘arcade’ game modes, and a player-customizable server browser subsequently included following its release.
- Additionally, Blizzard has added new characters, maps, and game modes post-release, all free of charge, with the only additional cost to players being optional loot boxes to earn cosmetic items.
In the US, the Legendary Edition has been reduced to $39.99, and the vanilla flavor of Overwatch now sells at $19.99.
- One of the reasons that Overwatch is so popular is the fact that it has a very easy learning curve. The point of each map is clear. Do Objective A to get to Objective B. After that, everyone just has fun while playing.
- There’s always one main objective, whether it be escorting a payload through a map, capturing a place on the map, capture the flag, team deathmatch.
- Yes, these are everyday objectives you would see in multiplayer shooters.What makes
- Overwatch so good is that amidst all of the colorful chaos, we also get deep, well-written backstories for each character. For example, the latest character, Brigitte Lindholm is the daughter of one of the characters, Torbjörn. Not only that. She grew up in her father’s workshop but grew closer with her godfather, Reinhardt, another character in the game. These little connections already make a big difference that I don’t see in other games.
- Ana’s versatile arsenal allows her to affect heroes all over the battlefield. Her Biotic Rifle rounds and Biotic Grenades heal allies and damage or impair enemies; her sidearm tranquilizes key targets, and Nano Boost gives one of her comrades a considerable increase in power.
- Ashe quickly fires her rifle from the hip or uses her weapon’s aim-down sights to line up a high damage shot. She blasts enemies by throwing dynamite, and her coach gun packs enough punch to put some distance between her and her foes. And Ashe is not alone, as she can call on her omnic ally Bob, to join the fray when the need arises.
- Baptiste wields an assortment of experimental devices and weaponry to keep allies alive and eliminate threats under fierce conditions. A battle-hardened combat medic, he is just as capable of saving lives as he is taking out the enemy.
- Bastion-Repair protocols and the ability to transform between stationary Assault, mobile Recon and devastating Tank configurations provide Bastion with a high probability of victory.
- Brigitte specializes in armor. She can throw Repair Packs to heal teammates, or automatically heal nearby allies when she damages foes with her Flail. Her Flail is capable of a wide swing to strike multiple targets, or a Whip Shot that stuns an enemy at range. When entering the fray, Barrier Shield provides personal defense while she attacks enemies with Shield Bash. Brigitte’s ultimate ability, Rally, gives her a substantial short-term boost of speed and provides long-lasting armor to all her nearby allies.
- D.Va’s mech is nimble and powerful—its twin Fusion Cannons blast away with autofire at short range, and she can use its Boosters to barrel over enemies and obstacles, or deflect attacks with her projectile-dismantling Defense Matrix.
- Doomfist’s cybernetics make him a highly-mobile, powerful frontline fighter. In addition to dealing ranged damage with his Hand Cannon, Doomfist can slam the ground, knocking enemies into the air and off balance, or charge into the fray with his Rocket Punch. When facing a tightly packed group, Doomfist leaps out of view, then crashes down to earth with a spectacular Meteor Strike.
- Genji flings precise and deadly Shuriken at his targets, and uses his technologically-advanced katana to deflect projectiles or deliver a Swift Strike that cuts down enemies.
- Hanzo’s versatile arrows can reveal his enemies or fragments to strike multiple targets. He can scale walls to fire his bow from on high, or summon a titanic spirit dragon.
- Junkrat’s area-denying armaments include a Frag Launcher that lobs bouncing grenades, Concussion Mines that send enemies flying, and Steel Traps that stop foes dead in their tracks.
- On the battlefield, Lúcio’s cutting-edge Sonic Amplifier buffets enemies with projectiles and knocks goes back with blasts of sound. His songs can both heal his team or boost their movement speed, and he can switch between tracks on the fly.
- Armed with his Peacekeeper revolver, McCree takes out targets with deadeye precision and dives out of danger with eagle-like speed.
- Mei’s weather-altering devices slow opponents and protect locations. Her Endothermic Blaster unleashes damaging icicles and frost streams, and she can Cryo-Freeze herself to guard against counterattacks, or obstruct the opposing team’s movements with an Ice Wall.
- Mercy’s Valkyrie Suit helps keep her close to teammates like a guardian angel; healing, resurrecting or strengthening them with the beams emanating from her Caduceus Staff.
- Moira’s biotic abilities enable her to contribute healing or damage in any crisis. While Biotic Grasp gives Moira short-range options, her Biotic Orbs contribute longer-range, hands-off damage and healing; she can also Fade to escape groups or remain close to allies in need of support. Once she’s charged Coalescence, Moira can save multiple allies from elimination at once or finish off weakened enemies.
- Orisa serves as the central anchor of her team, and defends her teammates from the frontline with a protective barrier. She can attack from long range, fortify her own defenses, launch graviton charges to slow and move enemies, and deploy a Supercharger to boost the damage output of multiple allies at once.
- Pharah-Soaring through the air in her combat armor, and armed with a launcher that lays down high-explosive rockets, Pharah is a force to be reckoned with.
- Reaper-Hellfire Shotguns, the ghostly ability to become immune to damage, and the power to step between shadows make Reaper one of the deadliest beings on Earth.
- Reinhardt-Clad in powered armor and swinging his hammer, Reinhardt leads a rocket-propelled charge across the battleground and defends his squadmates with a massive energy barrier.
- Roadhog uses his signature Chain Hook to pull his enemies close before shredding them with blasts from his Scrap Gun. He’s hardy enough to withstand tremendous damage, and can recover his health with a short breather.
- Soldier:76-Armed with cutting-edge weaponry, including an experimental pulse rifle that’s capable of firing spirals of high-powered Helix Rockets, Soldier: 76 has the speed and support know-how of a highly trained warrior.
- Sombra-Stealth and debilitating attacks make Sombra a powerful infiltrator. Her hacking can disrupt her enemies, ensuring they’re easier to take out, while her EMP provides the upper hand against multiple foes at once. Sombra’s ability to Translocate and camouflage herself makes her a hard target to pin down.
- Symmetra utilizes her Photon Projector to dispatch adversaries, shield her associates, construct teleportation pads and deploy particle-blasting Sentry Turrets.
- Torbjörn’s extensive arsenal includes a rivet gun, hammer, and a personal forge that he can use to build turrets.
- Tracer-Torbjörn’s extensive arsenal includes a rivet gun, hammer, and a personal forge that he can use to build turrets.
- Widowmaker equips herself with whatever it takes to eliminate her targets, including mines that dispense poisonous gas, a visor that grants her squad infra-sight, and a powerful sniper rifle that can fire in fully-automatic mode.
- Winston wields impressive inventions—a jump pack, electricity-blasting Tesla Cannon, portable shield projector and more—with literal gorilla strength.
- Wrecking Ball rolls across the battlefield, using his arsenal of weapons and his mech’s powerful body to crush his enemies.
- Zarya-Deploying powerful personal barriers that convert incoming damage into energy for her massive Particle Cannon, Zarya is an invaluable asset on the front lines of any battle.
- Zenyatta calls upon orbs of harmony and discord to heal his teammates and weaken his opponents, all while pursuing a transcendent state of immunity to damage.