- vMix is a Software Video Mixer and Switcher that utilises the newest advances in hardware to supply live HD video mixing, a task previously only possible on expensive dedicated hardware mixers.
- vMix also functions as live streaming software that permits you to publish your live productions on to the Internet!.
- vMix runs on Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10 platforms.
- vMix may be a complete live video production software solution with features including LIVE mixing, switching, recording and LIVE streaming of SD, full HD and 4K video sources including cameras, video files, DVDs, images, Powerpoint and far far more .
- vMix is out there in multiple editions ranging in price and available features. Current editions include Basic, Basic HD, SD, HD, 4K, and Pro. Users can upgrade from one edition to another for the difference between the original edition purchased and the one you wish to upgrade to. Updates are provided for free for 1 year with a purchase of any edition, after 1 year users can opt to purchase additional years for $60 USD.
- vMix heavily takes advantage of the GPU, and relies on graphics libraries such as Direct3D, making the software exclusive to the Windows operating system, though it can be run through Boot Camp. StudioCoast has previously indicated that the software performs best on dedicated Nvidia video cards.
PRODUCE, STREAM & RECORD WITH VMIX
- vMix may be a complete live video production software solution for Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10, with features including LIVE mixing, switching, recording and LIVE streaming of SD, full HD and 4K video sources including cameras, video files, DVDs, images, Powerpoint and much much more. vMix also functions as live streaming software that permits you to publish your live productions on to the Internet!.
- Vmix are often utilized in large scale multi-camera events or simple webcam one person productions. There is a one-time payment to use vMix so you don’t need to pay a yearly subscription fee. Once you buy vMix you furthermore may get free Version upgrades for 12 months! After the 12 months you’ll pay alittle upgrade fee to possess the newest and greatest version of vMix.
- As vMix may be a software solution, it enables users to build their own custom computers at a fraction of the cost of traditional live production equipment. vMix Reference Systems allow you to create a vMix PC with specifications to match your production needs. We even have an inventory of obtainable system builders which will create a system for you!
- As vMix is a software solution, we’ve enabled users to create their own custom computers at a fraction of the value of traditional live production equipment. We have created vMix Reference Systems which will allow you to create a vMix PC with specifications to match your production needs. We even have an inventory of obtainable system builders which will create a system for you!
- Whether you’re looking to supply big budget live concert productions, sporting events, Church services or small webcasts, then vMix is for you. Check out our Solutions page to ascertain how vMix can fit into your workflow.
ALL YOUR INPUTS IN ONE PLACE
- Video Cameras: 4K, HD and SD capable. Support for Webcams and capture cards.
NDI®:Send and receive high quality, low latency video and audio on the local network between vMix systems and any NDI compatible sources.
- Video Files: Support for all popular formats including AVI, MP4, H264, MPEG-2, WMV, MOV and MXF.
- DVDs: With menu navigation.
- Audio Files: MP3 and WAV.
- Audio Devices: Mix multiple audio sources like SoundCards, ASIO Audio Interfaces and capture card audio.
- Video and Audio PlayLists: Combine multiple video and/or audio files into one Input
SIMULTANEOUS STREAMING, RECORDING, AND OUTPUT
- Live stream to your favourite streaming providers including Facebook Live, YouTube, Twitch and Ustream.
- Live Record fully HD to AVI, MP4, MPEG-2 or WMV
- Output via AJA, Blackmagic and Bluefish cards to professional recording decks and monitors
- Virtual Camera support for streaming bent 3rd party software like Skype, Zoom, Google Hangouts and VLC.
13 TRANSITION EFFECTS
- Cut, Fade, Zoom, Wipe, Slide, Fly, CrossZoom, FlyRotate, Cube, CubeZoom, Vertical Wipe, Vertical Slide and Merge transitions available with 4 customisable transition buttons for straightforward access to your favourite effects.
PROFESSIONAL HD PRODUCTION ON A MODEST PC
- vMix is the most effective live production software on the market because of full 3D acceleration.
- Create productions with multiple HD sources without breaking the bank or your CPU.
EASY TO USE, HIGH-PERFORMANCE, ANIMATED GRAPHICS
- Choose from 100+ built-in animated titles, scoreboards and tickers.
- GT Designer Standard Create custom static titles and animated tickers (all editions)
- GT Designer Advanced Create custom animated titles and import layers from Adobe Photoshop PSD (vMix 4K and Pro)
- HD VIRTUAL SETS WITH top quality REAL-TIME CHROMA KEY
- Built In Virtual Sets – Or build your own.
- Full Motion Zoom – Customisable camera position presets.
- High Quality Chroma Key – Use with or without virtual sets to fit your production needs.
- Available in all editions
PC AND MAC DESKTOP SOURCES
- Utilise screen capture from remote desktops running on your network. Great for PowerPoint and Skype.
- Audio Capture support is also available.
VMIX CALL: ADD UP to eight REMOTE GUESTS QUICKLY and simply
- The easiest thanks to add guests to your live show is made right into vMix HD, 4K and Pro editions. vMix Call allows anybody with a browser and webcam to become a moment guest!
- See vMix Call.
VIDEO DELAY / INSTANT REPLAY
- Create a Video Delay input and assign it to any available Camera or Output.
- Save multiple Video Clips of notable events for playback at a later time.
- Configurable slow motion playback from 5 to 400%.
- Full four camera movie instant replay also available, see vMix Replay.
WEB BROWSER INPUT
- Display a website directly in vMix.
- Full use of the mouse and the ability to scroll pages.
- Natively supports browser audio and HTML 5 video playback!
- No need for a further computer just to usher in a browser, roll in the hay during vMix!
BUILT-IN AUDIO MIXER
- Audio Mixer allows you to simply keep track of all audio sources and includes the power to Mute, Follow (Auto Mixing) and Delay any source.
- A VU Meter is additionally included with a peaking display to make sure each input level is broadcast ready.
- Fine tune every audio source with inbuilt EQ, Compressor and Noise Gate effects.
LIVE VIDEO EFFECTS
Colour Correct, Deinterlace, Sharpen, Zoom, Rotate, Pan and Crop any input in real time.
All effects are processed in 4:4:4 32bit colour space for optimal video quality.
Combine multiple inputs together using the various “Multi View” presets or customise the position of every element with the available Zoom, Pan, Rotate and Crop controls.
FULL NDI CAPABILITIES
vMix allows you to send and receive NDI sources to the other NDI compatible device.
Use NDI to transmit your output, cameras, audio and graphics across your local network.
Connect vMix to your favourite NDI program or device like Caspar CG, NewBlue Titler, Adobe CC and lots of more.
4 OVERLAY CHANNELS
vMix includes 4 Overlay Channels additionally to the Multi View feature. Each overlay channel can have its own transition effect, position and border.
TOUCH SCREEN WEB INTERFACE
Control vMix remotely using the vMix Web Controller on your Surface, iPad, iPhone, Android or other touch screen device using the inbuilt web interface.
Customisable shortcut buttons also can be created to activate common production scenarios.
PROFESSIONAL COLOUR CORRECTION & MONITORING TOOLS
- Professional colour correction on every input
- Lift/Gamma/Gain/Hue/Saturation controls with industry standard colour wheels and bars
- Import/export colour correction presets to use in other productions
- New Waveform and Vectorscope monitors in Preview and Input settings windows
- Select the RGB icon to pick from the varied display options
- Choose from Waveform RGB, Waveform Y, Parade RGB, Vectorscope and split (side by side) layout options
SRT IN AND OUT SUPPORT
- SRT – Secure Reliable Transport is a point to point protocol for fixed latency streams over an unreliable internet.
- vMix supports multiple inputs (Stream Input) and up to 4 outputs in vMix 4K and Pro (1 output altogether in other editions).
- Uses GPU acceleration where possible for H264 and HEVC streams. 2 stream PC encode limit applies on GeForce cards, CPU fallback available where not available on the GPU.
- 3D GPU Acceleration
- Thanks to 3D acceleration provided by compatible graphics hardware, vMix is able to handle processing and switching of high-resolution video without overwhelming your computer’s CPU.
HD Virtual Sets
- Choose from four built-in virtual sets or build your own. You can zoom in or out as needed, or define custom camera presets.
- Quickly add one remote guest to any production using only a web browser and a webcam
- Supports guests connecting with Google Chrome (version 56 or higher) and Firefox (version 50 or higher) on Windows or Mac, as well as Android and iOS devices (iPhone, iPad) running iOS 11+ using the Safari browser
- Peer-to-peer encryption between each guest and vMix ensures a secure, low-latency connection
- Auto Mix-Minus technology automatically handles the audio mixing for every guest, preventing echo and saving time
- Full-duplex high-quality audio for all guests and return feed
- Built-in return video/audio feed for every guest with configurable quality up to HD 1080p 4 Mb/s
- Select any of the four outputs (only with 4K and Pro versions) as the return video for all guests
- Select Master, Headphones, Bus A, or Bus B as the return audio feed for all guests; all options have built-in Auto Mix-Minus technology
- Dynamic bandwidth estimation automatically adapts the quality of each guests video on the fly to match changing network conditions
- Video and audio for every guest is out there over NDI automatically
- Real-Time Chroma Key
- Not only for virtual sets, you can also use the keyer to introduce background elements of your own creation—a weather map, for example.
Built-In Title Templates
Easily add and edit a title or scoreboard from the various built-in templates, or build your own using any graphics or vector editing software. Adjust text, font size, and color. Alterations update in real time.
Live Video Effects
Color correct, deinterlace, sharpen, zoom, rotate, pan, and crop any input in real time. All effects are processed in 4:4:4 32-bit color space for optimal video quality.
Combine two or more inputs in one image using a selection of multiview presets. For example, create a side-by-side between the studio anchor and a reporter in the field. You can customize the position of every element with provided zoom, pan, rotate, and crop controls.
Four Overlay Channels
Four overlay channels allow you to add graphic elements such as logo bugs or station indents. Each overlay channel can have its own transition effect, position, and border.
Touchscreen Web Interface
Control vMix remotely using your Microsoft Surface, Apple iPad, Android tablet, or other touchscreen device using the built-in web interface. Customizable shortcut buttons also can be created to activate common production scenarios.
- Built-In Audio Mixer
The Audio Mixer allows you to keep track of all audio sources and includes the ability to mute, follow (with auto mixing), and delay any source. A VU Meter with a peaking display helps ensure each input’s level stays within acceptable broadcast limits.
- Live Web Streaming
For compatibility with most CDNs (content delivery networks), vMix supports RTSP, RTMP, and Flash. Stream to your favorite streaming providers, including UStream and YouTube Live.
- Virtual Capture
Enables streaming to third-party software such as Skype, Google Hangouts, and VLC.
Record While You Stream
Record your programs fully HD to AVI, MP4, MPEG-2, or WMV.
- Output Locally
Output the program feed via a compatible video I/O card for monitoring, presentation to an area audience, or to use a separate video recorder.
In 2013 and 2017, Streamingmedia.com awarded vMix with the Streaming Media Best of NAB award