Ark: Survival Evolved (stylized as ΛRK) may be a 2017 action-adventure survival computer game developed by Studio Wildcard, together with Instinct Games, Efecto Studios, and Virtual Basement. In the game, players must survive being stranded on an island crammed with roaming dinosaurs and other prehistoric animals, natural hazards, and potentially hostile human players.
- As a person or woman stranded naked, freezing and starving on the shores of a mysterious island called ARK, you want to hunt, harvest resources, craft items, grow crops, research technologies, and build shelters to withstand the elements. Use your cunning and resources to kill or tame & breed the leviathan dinosaurs and other primeval creatures roaming the land, and team with or feed on hundreds of other players to survive, dominate and escape!
- Dinosaurs, Creatures, & Breeding, over 100+ creatures are often tamed employing a challenging capture-&-affinity process, involving weakening a feral creature to knock it unconscious, then nursing it back to health with appropriate food. Once tamed, you will issue commands to your tames, which it’s going to follow counting on how well you’ve tamed and trained it. Tames, which may still level-up and consume food, also can carry Inventory and Equipment like Armor, carry prey back to your settlement counting on their strength, and larger tames can be ridden and directly controlled! Fly a Pterodactyl over the snow-capped mountains, lift allies over enemy walls, race through the jungle with a pack of Raptors, tromp through an enemy base along a big brontosaurus, or chase down feed on the rear of a raging T-Rex! Take part during a dynamic ecosystem life-cycle with its own predator & prey hierarchies, where you’re only one creature among many species struggling for dominance and survival. Tames also can be mated with the other gender, to selectively breed successive generations employing a trait system supported recombinant genetic inheritance. This process includes both egg-based incubation and mammalian gestation lifecycles! Or put more simply, raise babies!
- You must eat and drink to survive, with different sorts of plants & meat having different nutritional properties, including human meat. Ensuring a supply of water to your home and inventory may be a pressing concern. All physical actions come at a cost of food and water, long-distance travel is fraught with subsistence peril! Inventory weight causes you to move slower, and therefore the day/night cycle alongside randomized weather patterns adds another layer of challenge by altering the temperature of the environment, causing you to hunger or thirst more quickly. Build a fireplace or shelter, and craft an outsized sort of customizable clothing & armors, to assist protect yourself against locational damage & extreme temperatures using the dynamic indoor/outdoor insulation calculation system!
- By chopping down forests filled with trees and mining metal and other precious resources, you’ll craft the parts to create massive multi-leveled structures composed of complex snap-linked parts, including ramps, beams, pillars, windows, doors, gates, remote gates, trapdoors, water pipes, faucets, generators, wires and every one manner of electrical devices, and ladders among many other types. Structures have a load system to disintegrate if enough support has been destroyed, so reinforcing your buildings is vital. All structures and items are often painted to customize the design of your home, also as placing dynamically per-pixel paintable signs, textual billboards, and other decorative objects. Shelter reduces the extremes of weather and provides security for yourself and your stash! Weapons, clothing & armor gear also can be painted to precise your own visual style.
- Pick seeds from the wild vegetation around you, plant them in plots that you simply lay down, water them and nurture them with fertilizer (everything poops after consuming calories, which can then be composted, and some fertilizer is better than others). Tend to your crops and that they will grow to supply delicious and rare fruits, which may even be wont to cook a plethora of logical recipes and make useful tonics! Explore to seek out the rarest of plant seeds that have the foremost powerful properties! Vegetarians & vegans can flourish, and it’ll be possible to master and conquer the ARK in a non-violent manner!
- By bringing sufficient rare sacrificial items to special Summon locations, you’ll capture the eye of the one among the ARK’s god-like mythical creatures, who will arrive for battle. These gargantuan monstrosities provide an end-game goal for the foremost experienced groups of players and their armies of tames and can yield extremely valuable progression items if they’re defeated.
- Create a Tribe and add your friends thereto, and every one your tames is often commanded by and allied to anyone in your Tribe. Your Tribe also will be ready to respawn at any of your home spawn points. Promote members to Tribe Admins to scale back the burden of management. Distribute key items and pass-codes to supply access to your shared village!
- All items are crafted from Blueprints that have variable statistics and qualities and need corresponding resources. More remote and harsh locales across the ARK tend to possess better resources, including the tallest mountains, darkest caves, and depths of the ocean! Level-Up your player character by gaining experience through performance actions, Level-Up you’re taming, and learn new “Engrams” to be ready to craft Items from memory without the utilization of blueprints, even if you die! Customize the underlying physical look of your character with hair, eye, and skin tones, alongside an array of body proportion modifiers. As you explore the vast ARK, you will find clues left by other Survivors who have made the ARK their range in ages past, within the sort of collectible detailed 3D “Explorer Notes”. By uncovering all of those, you’ll begin to piece together the true nature of the ARK, and find out its purpose!
- Everything you craft has durability and can wear-out from extended use if not repaired, and once you leave the sport, your character remains sleeping within the persistent world. Your inventory physically exists in boxes or on your character in the world. Everything can be looted & stolen, so to achieve security you must build-up, team-up, or have tamed to guard your stash. Death is permanent, and you’ll even knock out capture, and force-feed other players to use them for your own purposes, like extracting their blood to for transfusions, harvesting their fecal matter to use as fertilizer, or using them as food for your carnivorous tames!
- The mysterious ARK may be a formidable and imposing environment, composed of the many natural and unnatural structures, above-ground, below-ground, and underwater. By fully exploring its secrets, you’ll find the foremost exotic procedurally randomized creatures and rare blueprints. Also to be found are Explorer Notes that are dynamically updated into the sport, written by previous human denizens of the ARK from across the millennia, creatively detailing the creatures and backstory of the ARK and its creatures. Fully develop your in-game ARK-map through exploration, write custom points of interest onto it, and craft a Compass or GPS coordinates to assist exploring with other players, whom you can communicate with via proximity text & voice chat, or long-distance radio. Construct & draw in-game signs for other players to assist them or lead them astray… And yet.. how does one ultimately challenge the Creators and Conquer the ARK? A definitive end-game is planned.
- On the 100+ player servers, your character, everything you built, and your tames, stay in-game even once you leave. You can even physically travel your character and items between the network of ARK’s by accessing the Obelisks and uploading (or downloading) your data from the Steam Economy! A galaxy of ARKs, each slightly different than the previous, to go away your mark on and conquer, one at a time — special official ARKs are going to be unveiled on the World-map for limited times in singular themed events with corresponding limited-run items! Furthermore, you’ll now design or randomize your own unique ‘Procedurally Generated ARKs’, for infinite replayability and endless surprises.
- You can play single-player local games, and convey your character and items between unofficial player-hosted servers, back and forth from singleplayer to multiplayer. Mod the sport, with full Steam Workshop support and customized Unreal Engine 4 editor. See how we built our ARK using our maps and assets as an example. Host your own server and configure your ARK precisely to your liking. We want to see what you create!
- The over-the-top hyper real imagery of the ARK its creatures is delivered to expressive life employing a highly-customized Unreal Engine 4, with fully dynamic lighting & global illumination, weather systems (rain, fog, snow, etc) & true-to-life volumetric cloud simulation, and therefore the latest in advanced DirectX11 and DirectX12 rendering techniques. Music by award-winning composer of “Ori and the Blind Forest”, Gareth Coker!
Within a month of its early access release on Steam, Ark had sold over a million copies. By August 2016, the sport had over 5.5 million sales across both Windows and Xbox One, with about 1.5 million from the Xbox One platform.
Ark: Survival Evolved received “mixed or average” reviews for the Windows, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One versions, while the Switch version received “generally unfavorable” reviews, consistent with review aggregator Metacritic