Escape from Tarkov is an indie, massively multiplayer online (MMO), first-person shooter (FPS) video game being developed by the Russian studio Battlestate Games to be released on Windows. It is set within the fictional Norvinsk region in Northwestern Russia, where a war is happening between two private military companies (United Security and BEAR) over a political scandal regarding the area’s “special economic zone”. The player is tasked with escaping the town of Tarkov by either joining one among the private military companies or by trying to accumulate precious loot from the sealed areas.
Escape from Tarkov maybe hardcore and realistic online first-person action RPG/Simulator with MMO features and a story-driven walkthrough.
- With each passing day, things within the Norvinsk region grows more and more complicated. Incessant warfare in Tarkov has sparked massive panic; the local population has fled the town, but those that stayed are looking to enhance their fortunes at the expense of others. Having accepted the new reality, savage Tarkov locals – “Scavs” flocked into well-armed gangs and began the redivision of the town. Nowadays, Tarkov is separated by unseen borders, controlled by different groups. Gain-greedy gunmen would attend any length to possess their way, including the murder of civilians and direct confrontation with the 2 private military companies.
- The players will need to experience living within the skin of 1 of the mercenaries who survived the initial stage of the Tarkov conflict. After choosing one among the edges – USEC or BEAR – the player’s character starts to form his answer to the town. Tarkov is sealed by the UN and Russian military, supply chains are cut, communication with operational command is lost, and in these conditions, everyone has got to make his own choices of what to try to and the way to urge out of the chaos-ridden metropolis.
Tarkov city, Norvinsk region. Present time.
The events of the shake Tarkov happen within the fictional Norvinsk’s region Special Economic Zone that became a gateway between Russia and Europe. Preferential conditions for giant international companies, however, haven’t only attracted law-abiding businesses, but corporations of dubious intent also. In Tarkov, one among the most important cities in the region, a transatlantic corporation became the bottom zero of a political scandal. Six months later, the political standoff escalated into an armed conflict involving UN peacekeepers, Internal Troops of the Ministry of Internal Affairs, and two private military companies. The region’s borders were sealed, and people trapped within the middle of this local warfare flare up were isolated from the surface world.
The confrontation on the sting of darkness
The most active forces within the Norvinsk region are two private military companies, hired by the edges of the initial conflict. USEC, employed by the notorious Terra Group international corporation, vigorously engages in armed clashes, hindering the investigation of Terra Group activities, carried on by local authorities. Moreover, consistent with intelligence agencies, USEC provides armed cover to illegal work and research of the foreign companies, whereas BEAR, allegedly created on direct orders of the Russian government, is employed by the Norvinsk region officials to uncover any evidence of the Terra Group’s illicit activities.
The time has come.
Story-driven scenario based walkthrough together of the multiplayer game modes. Complete raids on large scale locations together with your friends or alone.
Explore many of the unique and authentic locations of Tarkov city and it’s suburbs: citizen blocks, factory area, AA military base, the guts of Tarkov city, private living zone and others in realtime weather and time of day changes.
Discover concealed locations – reserved facilities and stocks sealed TerraGroup offices and underground warehouses.
Find useful information and items which will help to understand what is going on in the city.
Cooperate with ex-enemies, change the priorities to unfold the mysteries, and shake Tarkov alive.
Live through immersive combat experience.
- Behold the system module HECS – Hazardous Environment Combat Simulator.
- Feel your character via health and physical characteristics, including hydration, energy, vital sign, bloodloss, fractures, contusion, intoxication, exhaustion, tremors then on.
- Control your character freely – smooth speed and stance changes and transitions, leaning, and proning.
- Be aware of real-life ballistics and projectile hit physics.
- Get ready to feel the weapon because it is in the real world. Get won’t too physical concepts of weapon operating – jamming, overheating, wearout, reloading, aiming, charging, and, of course, shooting.
Discover the most advanced weapon modding system ever. Change everything you want to expand your weapon’s tactical abilities.
Interact with the environment to realize situational domination – switch lights, commence tactical entry with door interaction system.
Stay alive and pay attention
- If you die, you’ll lose everything you took and located during a raid. Organize your backup inventory kits, use secured containers and insurance.
- Treat yourself, your gear, and weapons properly. Apply the massive sort of medicines to remain alive and focused. Repair your armor, firearms, and cold steel. Purify water and sort out your food rations.
- Manage your inventory in a classic slot-based way. Organize and modify your chest rig sort of a real professional.
- Utilize special equipment like NVGs, radio headsets, ballistic vests, and helmets.
- Loot fallen enemies and containers to urge a huge sort of items to use and barter.
- Get experienced – earn points and level up. Near 100 unique skills to coach via a repetitive action principle.
- Cooperate with strangers or get shot by your friend in the back – there are no rules.
Beware of Scavs.
- The louder your scream – the faster they are available. Get your trigger finger ready.
- Confront AI driven civilian savage scavengers (or Scavs) and play as a Scav with pre-set random gear, weapon, and health condition.
- No got to worry about death – you’ll not lose anything from your main character.
- Get out alive while playing Scav then transfer his loot to your main character stash.
Fit in and get settled
- Experience a large amount of non-combat activities.
- Communicate and trade with NPC merchants, gain their trust to urge special goods and quests.
- Adapt to the economy, which changes in real-time consistent with other players’ operations and events, controlled by AI.
- Sell your loot in rag fairs and auctions.
- Become a trader together with your own store, runners, and specials.
- Work together with your stash, heal your character, repair and modify weapons, examine items, chat to find out news and gossip.
- Establish your own combat group with unique abilities.
Developers stated that shake Tarkov would be a standard full purchase release with none free-to-play or microtransaction elements. There is an opportunity of a release on Steam sometime after the game’s official release. There also are plans for downloadable content within the future. The early-access version of the sport is released in four editions, with the latter having more equipment and a bigger stash for the player to use than the former: Standard Edition, Left Behind Edition, steel oneself against Escape Edition, and a fringe of Darkness edition.
Escape from Tarkov was launched as a closed alpha game that was first made available to pick users on 4 August 2016. Battlestate Games then announced that the sport would enter its extended alpha stage on 28 December 2016, which might available to pick users who preordered the sport. This is the stage where Battlestate released the sport in four preorder tiers, with the sting of Darkness edition guaranteeing players access to the alpha builds. All players who had access were subject to a non-disclosure agreement (NDA) and video coverage of the gameplay via streaming was limited to a couple of select players until 24 March 2017, when the NDA was lifted.
The game entered closed beta on 28 July 2017, is made available to all or any players regardless of what pre-order edition was bought. As of May 2020, shake Tarkov remains currently in its beta stage.
Battlestate Games has been accused of abusing YouTube’s DMCA system to get rid of negative videos of shake Tarkov. YouTube user Eroktic released a video accusing Battlestate Games of leaking user information, leading to Battlestate Games issuing DMCAs on 47 YouTube videos posted by the user; two of which were struck for allegedly spreading false information and therefore the rest for spreading “negative hype”.
In a 2016 interview, an employee working for a game developer Pavel Dyatlov stated that there would be no women or playable female characters within the game because, “… women can’t handle that amount of stress. There’s only place for hardened men in this place.”
In 2020, the developers apologized for the previously expressed views and instead stated the rationale for not adding playable female characters is due to “game lore and more importantly, the huge amount of labor needed with animations, gear fitting, etc.