- The only aim in Rust is to survive.
- To do this you will get to overcome struggles like hunger, thirst, and cold. Build a fire. Build a shelter. Kill animals for meat. Protect yourself from other players, and kill them for meat. Create alliances with other players and form a town.
- Rust is a multiplayer-only survival computer game developed by Facepunch Studios. Rust was first released in early access in December 2013 and received its full release in February 2018. Rust is available on Microsoft Windows and macOS. Console versions for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One have been announced for release in 2020. Rust was initially created as a just like DayZ, a well-liked mod for ARMA 2, with crafting elements like those in Minecraft.
- When other players attack, it’s with firearms and primitive weapons. To stay safe you must build bases or team up with other players in clans. Weapons and ammunition are modeled in detail. They have to be crafted and traded and are a key element of the game. This adds not only a strategic element to the game but also the concept of trust — who, what, and when?
- This need to collaborate and forge teams is intensified as the game continues while you are not playing. Along with deploying sentry guns and traps on your base, working with others to ensure you have protection and friendly players to keep an eye on things is essential (and can be coordinated via the related app).
- You play Rust on a range of different maps with hundreds of other players. Most of these are randomly generated. Throughout the levels are computer-controlled vehicles and airdrops of key supplies. This results in frantic battles for the parachutes boxes when they arrive.
- Rust has become very popular online with over five million copies sold. There is a companion app to the game that runs on your smartphone and allows you to control your defenses, alerts you to attacks, and browse the map. This also enables you to collaborate with teammates more easily.
- Coming to Xbox One and PlayStation 4 in 2020. Before then there is a Rust Console Edition Closed Beta running to test the game.
- The objective of Rust is to survive within the wilderness using gathered or stolen materials. Players must successfully manage their hunger, thirst, and health, or risk dying.
- Despite the looming threat of bears and wolves, the first menace is other players thanks to the sport being solely multiplayer.
- Combat is accomplished through firearms and primitive weapons, like bows. In addition, vehicles controlled by non-player characters will occasionally roam, attacking heavily-armed players. These can be defeated with persistence.
- Rust features crafting, though initially limited until the invention of specific items within the game’s open world. To stay protected, players must build bases or join clans to enhance their chance of survival. Raiding may be a major aspect of Rust and is completed more frequently by large clans.
- Throughout Rust’s alpha release, critical reviews were mixed, with many comparisons made to other survival games.
- Rust was commonly explained as being a mix of DayZ and Minecraft. During this era, reviewers frequently noted the game’s unfinished nature.
- During its pre-release phase, critics praised the concept and gameplay and by March 2017, Rust had sold over five million copies.
- After leaving Early Access, it received mixed reviews from critics. The player vs player combat and survival aspects were highlighted by those that enjoyed the sport, though reviewers were critical of the constant got to grind for materials, along with the harsh beginner experience.
- As a multiplayer-only computer game, Rust pits players against one another during a harsh, open-world environment with the only goal of survival.
- Animals, like wolves and bears, act as a looming threat, but the first danger comes from other players.
- Most maps are procedurally generated, with the exception of Hapis Island, a pre-built map. Player vs player (PvP) combat is accomplished with bows, melee weapons, and craftable guns.
- Bullets and other projectiles travel in a ballistic trajectory, rather than being hitscan. There are a variety of various sorts of a bullet for every gun, including high velocity and explosive, thus allowing a more diverse strategy. Hit tracking calculates damage; shots to the head are more damaging than shots to other parts of the body. The use of weapon attachments, like holo sights, provides a plus over opponents. To survive, the player must craft tools, build bases, and team with other players.
- Do whatever it takes to survive.
MATURE CONTENT DESCRIPTION
This Game may contain content not appropriate for all ages, or might not be appropriate for viewing at work: Nudity or Sexual Content, Frequent Violence or Gore, General Mature Content
Rust (also, Rust: Console Edition) is a web survival game set the wilderness. You explore, gather, and craft materials to manage hunger, thirst, health, and protection. The preparation is to ward off the threat of bears, wolves, and (more commonly) other players looking to steal your hard-won spoils.
This game is good if you want to:
- Take on a mountainous challenge
- Build resilience
- Play with people on different systems
- Survive the night
Duration: This game will take between 80 hours and 100 hours to complete. It takes tens of hours to become proficient at the game and many will play for over 100 hours due to the open-ended nature and draw of team-based play.
Players: You can play this with 250 players online. Numbers on a particular server will range from 128 up to 500, although performance can vary when there are many hundreds of players. On Xbox One this is listed as up to 100 players in the online servers.
Cross-Play: Play against people on different platforms, Xbox, PlayStation and PC.
Does not include in-game purchases, ‘loot boxes’ or ‘battle/season passes’.
You will need Xbox Live Gold (must be 18 to create, then configure family accounts for younger players) to play online with Xbox One. You will need PlayStation Plus (must be 18 to create, then create sub-accounts for younger players who need be set as 13 or older) to play online with PlayStation 4.
Rated PEGI 16 for strong violence and ESRB TEEN for blood and violence. The developer states that “this Game may contain content not appropriate for all ages, or might not be appropriate for viewing at work: Nudity or Sexual Content, Frequent Violence or Gore, General Release
Rust was first released in December 2013 to the Steam Early Access program; this early access state is now referred to as Rust Legacy. Further, into its development, the gameplay was changed significantly. Dangerous wildlife replaced zombies because the primary environmental threat and a number of other fundamental revisions to the crafting system were released. 2014 saw the sport ported to the Unity 5 game engine, providing substantial graphical changes. Around this point, Rust introduced immutable, predetermined complexion, and biological sex tied to players’ Steam account details. Despite being fully released, the sport continues to receive updates.
Within the first two weeks of Rust’s alpha release, it sold over 150,000 copies, compared to the 34,000 copies of Garry’s Mod sold in its first week. Rust’s sales had reached one million copies after being an Early Access title for only two months, and during February 2014, it overtook Garry’s Mod in terms of sales, making over US$30 million. By the end of 2015, three million copies had been sold. By March 2017, the game had sold more than 5.2 million units, with more than 1.2 million in-game skins sold. In December 2019, Facepunch announced that Rust had sold 9 million copies, making $142 million, overtaking Garry’s Mod in terms of gross, though still behind in total sales.