- Brawlhalla is an epic free-to-play platform fighter for up to eight players online or locally. Join casual free-for-all, queue for ranked matches, or make a custom room together with your friends. Millions of players. Frequent updates. Over thirty unique legends. Come and fight for glory within the halls of Valhalla!Brawlhalla: History’s greatest warriors brawl to prove who’s the simplest in an epic test of strength and skill. These slugfests are salted with powerful weapons and gadgets. Every weapon you choose up changes your sort of play
- Brawlhalla is a free 2D platform fighting game that supports up to eight local or online players with full cross-play for PC, Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Switch, iOS, and Android!
- Online Ranked 1v1 – Climb the ranked ladder from Tin up to Platinum and beyond! Matches you against players near your skill level.
- Online Ranked 2v2 – Climb the ranked ladder with a friend! Matches you and a partner against teams near your skill level. Your friend is often online or right next to you.
- 4 Player Online Free for All – Casual matches where four fighters enter, but just one can win.
- Cross-play Custom Rooms – Invite up to eight friends on PC, Xbox, PS4, Nintendo Switch, iOS, Android, or Locally to an enormous sort of custom matches: 4v4s, 1v3, 2v2, FFA, and much more.
- Many Game Modes – Mix things up with Brawlball, Bombsketball, Capture the Flag, Kung-Foot, and lots of more fun game modes.
- The Training Room – Practice combos and setups inside the Training Room! Look at detailed frame data, hitboxes, hurt boxes, and sharpen your skills.
- Best-in-class spectating, match recording and replay. Dozens of maps. Single-player tournament mode. An online brawl-of-the-week. Experimental mode. Millions of players for fast matchmaking. Regional servers for low-latency online play. Frequent updates. Tons of esports events and tournaments. Excellent support for keyboard and controllers.
- Career history and cool progress rewards. Ranked seasons. Friendly devs. Fun, fair free-to-play. And much more.
- Brawlhalla will always be 100% liberal to play, with no pay-to-win advantages and no in-game purchases to stay you from the action. Everything you’ll buy with real money is cosmetic (such as character skins, podiums, and KO effects) and none of them affect gameplay.
- The Legend Rotation of eight liberal to play characters changes hebdomadally, and you will earn gold to unlock more Legends by playing any online game mode.
- You can also inspect “All Legends Pack” that immediately unlocks every character we’ve ever made, and ever will make. Forever. Everything within the “Legends” tab within the in-game store would be yours to possess.
Expectations from Brawlhalla
- Weekly patches and updates.
- Online, custom, ranked, and local play modes.
- Over 40 Legends to chose from and a free 8 character weekly rotation, unlockable with gold earned through playing the sport.
- Loads of stages to fight on.
- Unique signature moves, weapon combinations, and stats for every character.
- Ranked seasons every three months with seasonal rewards for enjoying ranked.
- A constant stream of the latest features, balance tweaks, and Legends to form the sport better and better.
In most of Brawlhalla’s game modes, the goal is to knock one’s opponent off the stage, like Super Smash Bros. This can be done by damaging them repeatedly. Damage is often seen on the color display round the opponent’s character icon, which matches from white to red to black because the player continues to urge hit. The closer the color is to red, the farther the player is going to be knocked back until they eventually get knocked out. Getting knocked off the stage will end in the player losing a life. Either the last player standing (the one who still has a minimum of one life) or the player with the foremost points wins the match.
The game supports both local and online play. Competitive players can compete for 1-on-1 to climb through the rankings. They can also find a partner to play against other duos to increase their collaborative rank. Brawlhalla also has several casual modes: Free-For-All, 1v1 Strikeout, Experimental 1v1, and a special featured mode hebdomadally. Free-For-All may be a chaotic mode where 4 players knock one another bent gain points. In 1v1 Strikeout, players pick 3 characters which they play for 1 stock each. Experimental 1v1 allows players to check out upcoming features against one another. Custom games are often hosted online and locally, and that they support up to eight players per match, experimental maps, and region changing. You may join groups of your friends to make a clan, with multiple ranks within the clans. Clans gain experience from all members.
Brawhalla is free-to-play, based on the freemium business model. The game offers 8 selectable characters to use for free of charge from a weekly rotation, making it more accessible for newer players. This number of free rotation characters was increased from 6 in late-2018, likely as a result of what percentage new characters were added to the sport by this point. There are currently 50 player characters, called “Legends” (as of July 2020). New characters generally were released every few months but over time the speed of release has slowed to around 2 per year. To fully purchase characters, Brawlhalla offers an in-game shop, giving an opportunity for players to use the in-game currency earned through matches, daily missions, and level-ups. Alternatively, players can buy all existing and future characters via a one-time transaction.
Brawlhalla introduced cross-play across all platforms on October 9, 2019. Cross-play allows players on PC, Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Android and iOS to queue against one another in online ranked play and to make custom lobbies which a player on any platform can join.
While minor events are held by the community since its closed beta launch, Blue Mammoth Games now hosts its own official competitive events.
In May 2016, they led off with the Brawlhalla Championship Series or “BCX”. It was a series of 21 weekly online tournaments starting on June 18. The tournaments were persisted both North American and European servers, where players competed in 1v1 and 2v2 modes. For each tournament, a prize pool of $1,000 was divided among the highest eight players. Placements in each BCS event earned players a ranking that was used at the top of the series to seed them into the planet Championship tournament. Additionally, Regional Qualifier 1v1 tournaments were held, where the winner of every regional event earned an airplane ticket and bedroom for the planet Championship.
In early 2017, Blue Mammoth Games announced the Brawlhalla Circuit, a worldwide circuit of official competitive Brawlhalla tournaments hosted by several organizations sanctioned by Blue Mammoth Games. Players who compete in Brawlhalla Circuit events are going to be awarded Circuit Points. Players with the very best points from each region at the top of the season will earn a spot within the $100,000 32 player Brawlhalla World Championship in November. A player also can earn a spot within the Brawlhalla World Championship by winning a Regional Qualifier or placing Top 3 within the BCX Open tournament at BCX.
2016 World Championship
The Brawlhalla World Championship is a politician $50,000 tournament held by Blue Mammoth Games at their end of the year event, BCX (Brawlhalla Championship Expo). There were over 400 people in attendance
2019 World Championship
The 4th annual Brawlhalla World Championship happened at DreamHack Atlanta once more . Similar to 2018, it had been a $100,000 open tournament with players being seeded supported official tournament power rankings.
Kotaku summarized that “Brawlhalla may be a dynamic combat platform brawler that feels good to play.” They said that the simplest innovations to the platform brawlers before it are its jumps and wall movements. Three jumps and nearly unlimited wall scaling bring fresh strategies and therefore the buff in mobility means tons of the high-adrenaline action happens off-stage. Push Square stated that while it isn’t quite as tightly designed because the seminal Super Smash Bros., the massive roster, a wide selection of modes, and an inexpensive level of depth help it achieve an identical balance of accessibility and challenge, scoring it at 7 out of 10.
On July 6, 2018, Ars Technica released a piece of writing detailing precise player counts for Steam games obtained through a leak as a result of a “hole” in its API. This leak showed Brawlhalla to be ranked 24th in player calculate Steam with a complete of 8,646,824 players, out of all games featuring the Steam Achievements system. Ubisoft reported quite 20 million players by February 2019.