Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition
- Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition is a real-time strategy computer game co-developed by Tantalus Media, Forgotten Empires, and Wicked Witch, published by Xbox Game Studios. it’s a remaster of the first game Age of Empires II: The Age of Kings, celebrating the 20th anniversary of the first. It features significantly improved visuals, supports 4K resolution, and “The Last Khans”, an expansion that adds four new civilizations supported Central Asia and Eastern Europe, and 4 new campaigns. It includes all previous expansions from the first and HD Edition. it had been released on November 14, 2019.
- Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition celebrates the 20th anniversary of 1 of the foremost popular strategy games ever with stunning 4K Ultra HD graphics, a replacement and fully remastered soundtrack, and brand-new content, “The Last Khans” with 3 new campaigns and 4 new civilizations.
- Explore all the first campaigns like never before also because of the best-selling expansions, spanning over 200 hours of gameplay and 1,000 years of human history. Head online to challenge other players with 35 different civilizations in your go after world domination throughout the ages.
- Choose your path to greatness with this definitive to remaster to at least one of the foremost beloved strategy games of all time.
The core gameplay elements are shared heavily with the first but the Definitive Edition builds upon it. The remaster includes new 4K graphics, new improved visuals for troops and buildings, the power to concentrate, and further out and a replacement spectator mode. it’s called The Last Khans and includes four new civilizations: Bulgarians, Cumans, Lithuanians, and Tatars with four new campaigns: Ivaylo, Kotyan Khan, Tamerlane and therefore the 4th one is Pachacuti about the Inca civilization replacing El Dorado from the HD (Lithuanians don’t appear as a playable civilization in any campaign; however, they represent Poles within the Ivaylo campaign).
It includes all previous expansions from the first (The Conquerors) and HD edition (The Forgotten, The African Kingdoms, Rise of the Rajas). Players can choose from the first AI, the updated HD Edition AI that was added alongside the HD Edition of the sport, and a more modern AI developed for the Definitive Edition. the first AI had to cheat to be competitive, while the new AI is advanced enough to not require any cheating. When the old and new AIs were pitted against one another during a test, the new one easily defeated the old one. Unit pathfinding is additionally supposedly improved upon. Players can shift-queue villager tasks. Farms now have the choice to be replenished automatically.
- Celebrate the 20th anniversary of 1 of the foremost popular strategy games ever with this definitive remastered edition
- Stunning 4K Ultra HD graphics and fully remastered audio
- Enjoy the entire content collection, plus all-new content, “The Last Khans”
- Over 200 hours of gameplay across 1,000 years of human history
- Head online to challenge other players with 35 different civilizations in your go after world domination throughout the ages
- Spectator mode and native streaming support
On August 21, 2017, at Gamescom, Microsoft announced the Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition was in development by Forgotten Empires, Tantalus Media, and Wicked Witch Software. On June 9, 2019, Microsoft revealed the gameplay trailer at Xbox E3 2019. It released on the Xbox Game Pass additionally to Steam and therefore the Windows Store on November 14, 2019.
Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition received “generally favorable” reviews consistent with review aggregator Metacritic with a score of 84/100 from 32 reviews. Windows Central’s Cale Hunt praised the improved artwork, animations, and quality of life additions but criticized the AI pathfinding and acknowledged a requirement for further balancing.