Clash of Clans is a freemium mobile strategy computer game developed and published by Finnish game developer Supercell. The sport was released for iOS platforms on August 2, 2012, and on Google Play for Android on October 7, 2013.
The game may be about a fantasy-themed persistent world where the player is a chief of a village. Clash of Clans tasks players to create their own village using the resources gained from attacking other players through the game’s fighting features, and producing them themselves. The most resources are gold, elixir and dark elixir. Players can join to make clans, groups of up to fifty people that can then participate in Clan Wars together, donate and receive troops, and chat with one another .
Clash of Clans was released to generally positive reviews from critics.
● Unlock the fearsome power of Super Troops from government building 11 onwards and take your attacks onto an entire new level!
● Heroes beware! The Headhunter has arrived to form short work of enemy heroes and defensive troops!
● New content and levels for Town Halls 11 to 13, with more coming with each update!
● Join a Clan of fellow players or start your own and invite friends.
● Fight in Clan Wars as a team against many active players across the world .
● Test your skills within the competitive Clan War Leagues and prove you’re the simplest .
● Forge alliances, work alongside your Clan in Clan Games to earn valuable Magic items.
● Plan your unique battle strategy with countless combinations of Spells, Troops, and Heroes!
● Compete with the simplest players from around the world and rise to the highest of the Leaderboard in Legend League.
● Collect resources and steal loot from other players to upgrade your own Village and switch it into a stronghold.
● Defend against enemy attacks with a mess of Towers, Cannons, Bombs, Traps, Mortars, and Walls.
● Unlock epic Heroes just like the Barbarian King, Archer Queen, Grand Warden, Royal Champion, and Battle Machine.
● Research upgrades in your Laboratory to form your Troops, Spells, and Siege Machines even more powerful.
● Create your own custom PVP experiences through Friendly Challenges, Friendly Wars, and special live events.
● Watch Clanmates attack and defend in real-time as a spectator or inspect the video replays.
● Fight against the Goblin King during a single player campaign mode through the realm.
● Learn new tactics and experiment together with your army and Clan Castle troops in Practice Mode.
● Journey to the Builder Base and find out new buildings and characters during a mysterious world.
● Turn your Builder Base into an unbeatable fortress and defeat rival players in Versus Battles.
● Collect exclusive Hero Skins and Sceneries to customize your Village.
Clash of Clans is a web multiplayer game during which players form communities called clans, train troops, and attack other players to earn resources. There are four currencies or resources within the game. Gold and elixir often want to build and upgrade defenses and traps that protect the player from other players’ attacks and to create and upgrade buildings. Elixir and dark elixir also are wont to train and upgrade troops and spells. Gems are the premium currency.Attacks are rated on a three-star scale and have a maximum timed length of three minutes.
The game also features a pseudo-single-player campaign during which the player can attack a series of fortified goblin villages and earn gold, elixir, and dark elixir (levels 51-75 only). The sport starts with two builders, but the player can have up to 5 builders through buying them with gems and even a sixth by getting and unlocking the OTTO Hut in Builder Base 9.
To earn and store gold and elixir, players must build gold mines and gold storages and elixir collectors and elixir storages, respectively. Elixir is employed to coach new troops, perform research within the laboratory to upgrade troops, and to create and upgrade certain buildings, mostly concerning buildings utilized in attacking another player’s base. Gold is employed to create defensive buildings and to upgrade the government building , which allows access to more buildings and better levels for existing buildings. At government building 7, dark elixir becomes available; this sort of elixir is employed to coach and upgrade dark elixir troops, heroes like the Barbarian King, and starting at government building 8, create dark spells. To earn and store dark elixir, players must build dark elixir drills and dark elixir storages. At government building 9, Archer Queen becomes available.
Troops and spells
The game has two sorts of barracks (barracks and dark barracks) and two sorts of spell factories (spell factory and dark spell factory). The barracks create troops using elixir, whereas dark barracks create troops using dark elixir.
Clans and clan wars
Clans are groups of players who join together to support one another , either materially (donating troops) or verbally (giving advice). Players can join clans once they rebuild the special Clan Castle building early . a serious component of the gameplay of Clash of Clans is clans facing off against each other within the “clan wars”. Clan leaders and co-leaders can begin wars against other clans. Each clan is then given one “preparation day” and one “war day.” When a player attacks a member of the opposing clan, they receive stars based upon the quantity of destruction they cause to the opponent’s base, 50% damage or more gives 1 star, destroying the town hall also gives 1 star and destroying the whole base gives the remaining third star.
Development, release and marketing
Clash of Clans was developed by Supercell, the corporation behind other popular mobile games like Hay Day. The sport took six months to develop with the gameplay changing little over the course of development. consistent with Supercell’s Lasse Louhento the event team encountered no major hurdles during this point . Inspiration for the sport included the games Backyard Monsters and Travian with the art style being influenced by Super Nintendo and old arcade games.Initially the art style was more cartoon based but this was changed because the team worried it might alienate the more hardcore segment of their audience. Throughout most of development the sport was multiplayer-only focused however after focus testing, Supercell went back and added a single-player mode. The sport was released for iOS platforms on August 2, 2012, and on Google Play for Android on October 7, 2013.
Clash of Clans became an App Store top 5 download between December 2012 and should 2013, and this success has been described as helping to inaugurate a replacement era in single-player gaming on mobile devices. In 2013, Clash of Clans was the third-highest game in revenue generated on the App Store and favorite on Google Play.
In February 2014 it had been reported that the sport was generating $654,000 in daily revenue for Supercell.In 2015, the sport was the highest grossing app on both the App Store and Google Play, with an estimated revenue of 1.5 million dollars per day. it’s the fourth most installed app within the App Store and therefore the seventh most installed app within the Play Store, where it had amassed 500 million downloads by 2018.As of 2018, Clash of Clans has generated more revenue than any app on the App Store,having brought during a revenue of over $6.4 billion dollars since its launch.
Clash of Clans has received generally positive reviews. The iOS version holds an aggregate score of 74 out of 100 on Metacritic, and 80% on GameRankings.