- FIFA 20 is a football simulation computer game published by Electronic Arts as a part of the FIFA series. It’s the 27th installment within the FIFA series and was released on 27 September 2019 for Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch. A Stadia version is due in 2020.
- Real Madrid winger Eden Hazard was named the new cover star of the Regular Edition, with Liverpool defender Virgil van Dijk on the duvet of the Champions Edition. Former Juventus and Real Madrid midfielder Zinedine Zidane was later named because of the cover star for the last word Edition.
- The game features VOLTA Football for the primary time, a replacement mode that gives a variance on the normal 11v11 gameplay and focuses on small-sided street and futsal games. The mode shares similarities to the previous FIFA Street series
- Gameplay changes to FIFA 20 focus totally on a replacement feature titled VOLTA Football. The mode, which translates to ‘return’ in Portuguese, focuses on street football instead of the normal matches related to the FIFA series. It includes several options to play in three versus three, four versus four, and five versus five matches, also like professional futsal rules. The mode will incorporate an equivalent engine but places emphasis on skill and independent play instead of tactical or team play.
- Additionally, players have the choice to customize their players by gender, clothing, shoes, hats, accessories, and tattoos. Following the completion of the three-part series “The Journey” in FIFA 19, players can now have an identical storyline mode in VOLTA Football, which might be played with the player’s own character. Alex Hunter also makes a cameo within the game, alongside his agent Beatriz Villanova.
- Changes were also made to the normal 11 versus 11 modes to encourage more one-on-ones and off-the-ball space creation. New penalty and free-kick mechanics were implemented and updates were made to the ball physics.
- VOLTA Football includes 17 locations, with each providing a singular experience. also as a generic warehouse and parking zone, players also can compete in Amsterdam, Barcelona, Berlin, Buenos Aires, Cape Town, Lagos, London, l. a. , Mexico City, Miami, NY City, Paris, Rio de Janeiro, Rome and Tokyo.
- Commentary is once more provided by Martin Tyler and Alan Smith and alternated with Derek Rae and Lee Dixon for all competitions, with Alan McInally providing in-game score updates.
- Each player has his own overall rating, Lionel Messi has the very best rating within the game with a 94.
Pro clubs may be a game mode in FIFA 20 where players can create personalized pros and compete during a squad against other squads online. The target is to get up the Divisions, starting in Division 10 and climbing to compete for the Division 1 title.
Ultimate Team features 88 icon players, including 15 new names. Carlos Alberto, John Barnes, Kenny Dalglish, Didier Drogba, Michael Essien, Garrincha, Pep Guardiola, Kaká, Ronald Koeman, Andrea Pirlo, Ian Rush, Hugo Sánchez, Ian Wright, Gianluca Zambrotta, and Zinedine Zidane all feature as icons for the primary time.
Two new game modes – King of Capitol Hill and Mystery Ball, also are incorporated in Ultimate Team following their previous inclusion in kick-off mode. Mystery Ball gives the attacking side boosts to passing, shooting, dribbling, speed, or all attributes, adding unpredictability to each match. King of Capitol Hill sees players fight for possession during a randomly generated zone on the pitch to spice up the quantity the subsequent goal is worth. Ultimate Team also includes a replacement dedicated kit supporting Premier League’s no room for racism campaign.
Career Mode, following feedback from the community, saw some major updates – mainly to the manager mode. New additions include fully interactive press conferences and player conversations, an improved player morale system that may affect the team or individual players’ stats, performance levels, and stance with the manager. the power to completely customize the manager’s appearance and gender, a replacement dynamic player potential system, live news screenshots, league oriented UI, and new negotiation environments.
The player, nicknamed “Revvy”, successfully tries out for the road eleven “J10”, named for and led by the legendary street footballer, Jason “Jayzinho” Quezada. Jayzinho’s dream to steer J10 to the planet Championship in Buenos Aires is dashed when he suffers an injury that will sideline him for several months. While Revvy and Sydney “Syd” Ko plan to stay, all the other players see no chance of winning without Jayzinho and quit. As J10 now only has two active players, Jayzinho plans to forfeit a tournament in Tokyo, organized by fellow legend Kotaro Tokuda. But Revvy convinces Jayzhino to possess Kotaro to find a replacement third player to satisfy the tournament’s three-player requirement.
In Tokyo, Kotaro introduces a 3rd player to hitch Revvy and Syd on the sector. To J10’s surprise, one among their former teammates, Peter Panna, is playing for an opposing team. After defeating his team to win the tournament, Peter apologizes for leaving and Revvy invites him back to J10, after which they play an exhibition against Kotaro’s team.
Jayzinho sends J10 to Amsterdam to coach with the legendary player, Edward Van Gils, and that they find former teammate Big T also. Big T challenges J10 to play and win five consecutive matches, which Revvy successfully helps accomplish. J10 defeats Big T’s team and Revvy asks him to rejoin J10. Afterward, J10 plays against legendary street footballer Rocky Hehakaija’s team.
Jayzinho sends J10 to Rio de Janeiro to recruit former member Bobbi Pillay. Bobbi had been training local youths in street football and invited J10 to play against her and her pupils, agreeing to return to J10 if they win. After winning, Vinícius Júnior and legendary street player Issy Hitman play against J10.
Thanks to J10’s streak and Syd’s social media campaigns, Revvy is invited to the distinguished Pro Street Invitational in NY City by Alex Hunter’s agent, Beatriz Villanova. Additionally, J10 earn an area within the World Championships.
At the NYC Pro Street Invitational, Revvy learns that Jayzinho was originally getting to be invited, but was replaced by Revvy thanks to his injury. Playing alongside and against several professional footballers, Revvy wins the tournament to great fanfare but is confronted by Jayzinho, who accuses him of intentionally undermining his leadership of J10 and stealing his glory. Jayzhino cuts ties with Revvy and therefore the remainder of the team.
At the planet Championship, Revvy discovers that Jayzinho has entered the tournament with a replacement team composed of all the legendary street players Revvy played against. Furthermore, Jayzinho has reclaimed the name J10 for his new team, forcing Revvy to settle on a replacement name for his team to play under.
As Revvy’s team progress through the championship, Beatriz offers to represent Revvy as a knowledgeable footballer. This development upsets Syd, as she assumes Revvy will accept Beatriz’s offer and abandon her as their other teammates had. Revvy reveals that before joining J10, he was offered contracts from several professional teams, but the offers were rescinded once Revvy fell into depression following his sister’s overtime. Revvy thanks Syd for helping him overcome his depression by reminding him of her, which Syd appreciates.
In the final, Revvy carries his team to defeat J10 and become the planet Champions. Revvy invites Jayzinho to lift the trophy at the celebration, publicly crediting him for establishing J10 and setting him down this path. Jayzinho reconciles with Revvy and celebrates alongside his former teammates. Jayzinho accepts Vinícius Júnior’s offer to run street tournaments across the planet, while Revvy declines Beatriz’s offer so as to continue playing street football for J10.
The game will feature quite 30 official leagues, over 700 clubs, and over 17,000 players. For the primary time in FIFA history, the Romanian Liga I and its 14 teams were added, also as Emirati club Al Ain, who were added following extensive requests from the fans within the region.
Juventus, Boca Juniors, and River Plate aren’t featured after they signed exclusive partnership deals with eFootball PES 2020, and instead are referred to as Piemonte Calcio (Juventus), Buenos Aires (Boca Juniors), and Núñez (River Plate), the sport has the players’ likenesses, but the official badge and kits are unavailable and instead features custom designs produced by EA Sports. The stadium licenses just like the Juventus Stadium, La Bombonera, and El Monumental aren’t within the game also. Bayern Munich is featured within the game with its licensed players and kits but without their home stadium Allianz Arena, which was also exclusive to PES 2020.
FIFA 20 will retain the exclusive licenses to the UEFA Champions League, UEFA Europa League, and UEFA Super Cup first seen in FIFA 19. The deal includes authentic broadcast packages, branding, and custom commentary. Additionally, the Copa Libertadores, Copa Sudamericana, and therefore the Recopa Sudamericana is featured within the game via an update released on 13 March 2020.
EA also signed an agreement with ITV to use the Soccer Aid branding included within the 10 June 2020 update, containing FUT icons in Kick-Off.
There are 92 fully licensed stadiums from 15 countries in FIFA 20, also 29 generic stadiums. Bramall Lane has been included following Sheffield United’s promotion, ensuring that each one Premier League teams have their respective stadiums. Three new Spanish stadiums have also been added – Estadio El Alcoraz (home of SD Huesca), Estadio De Vallecas (home of Rayo Vallecano), and Estadio José Zorrilla (home of Real Valladolid).
As a part of an in-depth new licensing deal, 13 new stadiums across the Bundesliga and a couple of. Bundesliga was included. These include BayArena (home of Bayer 04 Leverkusen), Mercedes-Benz Arena (home of VfB Stuttgart), Red Bull Arena (home of RB Leipzig) and Volkswagen Arena (home of VfL Wolfsburg). Also added into the sport is that the Groupama Stadium, home of Olympique Lyonnais in Ligue 1; Red Bull Arena, home of latest York Red Bulls in big league Soccer; also because the Atatürk Olympic Stadium, the venue originally slated to host the 2020 UEFA Champions League Final before the situation was changed to Lisbon thanks to the COVID-19 pandemic. 2 new stadiums were added in 2020 when the Copa Libertadores was released in March. The stadium Estadio Libertadores de América of the Argentinian club Club Atlético Independiente is now available, also because the stadium Estadio Presidente Juan Domingo Perón of the Argentinian club Racing Club de Avellaneda
The FIFA 20 demo was released on 10 September 2019 and includes 6 playable teams which may be played on the UEFA Champions League kick-off mode – Borussia Dortmund, Liverpool, Chelsea, Paris Saint-Germain, Tottenham Hotspur, and Real Madrid and a demo of the new VOLTA Football mode. The demo is out there for PS4, Xbox One, and PC.
The game was released through the EA Access subscription on 24 September 2019, which also offers a free 10-hour trial.
FIFA 20 features three cover stars across all regional editions. Real Madrid winger Eden Hazard was named the new cover star of the Regular Edition, with Liverpool defender Virgil van Dijk on the duvet of the Champions Edition. Former Real Madrid midfielder and manager Zinedine Zidane was later named because of the cover star for the last word Edition.
Whilst the Xbox One, PS4, and PC versions will have all of the new features, the Nintendo Switch version will instead be a Legacy Edition, with updated kits, rosters and minor updates, but without the new VOLTA Football mode or any of the opposite new features. FIFA 20 wasn’t released on Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3, making FIFA 19 the ultimate game within the series to be released on those platforms.
FIFA 20 received “generally favorable” reviews for the PS4 and Xbox One versions of the sport from critics, while the Nintendo Switch version received “generally unfavorable” reviews from critics, consistent with review aggregator Metacritic.